One of the main reasons, I think, people overeat is because of bad planning. Food planning that is.
I we don't plan our food we don't see all the "little extra" that enter our mouth. We have an extra piece of cake, an extra serving of ice-cream etc. This usually means that we eat more than we should or need.
If you plan your food weekly you get many benefits;
· You see exactly what is needed at home when you list everything you need to buy.
· You save money using what you have at home first.
· You have more control of what you and your family eat.
· You won't buy unnecessary food and eat more than you should.
· You know exactly what you are eating so you don't need to stress.
· You make sure the meals are healthy and don't have to feel guilty about eating a one night.
Try to plan your food accordingly to your and your family's need. Do you have teenagers in the house? Kids? Food Allergies?
By planning you can satisfy everyone's need and the food will be more healthy as you make it yourself. Put it where the rest of the family can see and suggest what they would like to eat. I do this all the time and it keeps me and my family happy. And stress free.
Make sure to follow your plan as well! Give it a try, in the beginning it can seem difficult but once you get into the rhythm you'll get used to it. And it will definitely ease your life!