Want to lose weight with yoga? It's an all-inclusive practice — it benefits all of the systems of the body! Yoga strengthens the nervous system, improves circulation and digestion, gives greater clarity and emotional well being.
How can one lose weight by doing yoga?
1) Yoga balances the body's metabolism.
2) The stretches and weight-resistant poses help trim your waist, belly and buttocks.
3) You release stress through the exercises which helps curb "emotional eating".
4) Yoga activates the parasympathetic nervous system which rebalances hormones and helps digestion.
5) By tuning into your body's sensations and breathing, you teach yourself to be in the moment.
This is a life lesson that can be applied when you turn to food. You learn to identify what your body is truly saying when you reach for that snack: Am I hungry? Or do I want something else?
Remember, every change takes time. But aren't you worth the wait?